Sunday, October 23, 2011

A short update

We've fallen into a nice routine here.  There are still aspects of our former life that we miss, but we're beginning to feel more at home in our new roles.  This past week Justin traveled to Chiang Rai to assist the IJM staff attorney and social worker with a case.  Chiang Rai is about 4 hours north east of us, closer to the golden triangle, where Thailand, Myanmar, and Laos all come together.  And I stayed home and had parent conferences.  I can see where my skills and training with special ed in Dallas ISD are being put to use.  Not a huge percent of the student population struggles to be successful, so when a student is having difficulty, many of the teachers aren't sure how to help.  I'd like to thank Karen Clark, my former boss, for teaching me how to effectively run a parent meeting. 

This coming week is October break.  One whole glorious week to rest and relax.  October was a busy month for us, so we're headed to the beach to celebrate our 2nd anniversary.  Look for pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment