Sunday, December 25, 2011

10K Success!

It was a great morning; the weather was perfect, the company great, and the run a challenge.  Here's a pic of our 10K route.  It went all the way around the moat in the old city:

Just for your reference we live off the southwest corner of this map; about 8 km from the old City and the Moat

A closer view of the old City and the Moat
I made it all the way to the finish in about 70 minutes and only had to walk about 1km (off and on between the 7th and 9th kilometers).  The best part was my fan club.  I left around 5am with some other racers and Justin followed a little bit later.  He just missed our 6am start but more than made up for it by showing up at random places along the route to take pictures and cheer us on.  I wish you could have seen him with his jeans and big red backpack, jogging along beside us snapping pictures like paparazzi.

Some of his handiwork:

In the wee hours just after the start of the race
Sunrise on Christmas morning
Running through the Suan Dok gate just before km 7
A great action shot in front of the Three Kings Monument
On the home stretch, less than 1km to go!
Crossing the finish line!
The running crew; proud of our medals
My biggest fan

3 comments:

  1. love it! Thanks for running with me...sorry that I can't talk when I run:) Or maybe that is a good thing?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! you made that look easy! Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you still look that good at the end of a long race?!? Great going! Lora

    ReplyDelete