| It's a job cloud! Hurry catch a falling job! |
I graduated undergrad during a tougher time. Then I graduated from law school after the 2008 hot mess. Now we're getting ready to return and start it all over again.
The job search is never a fun process. It's one of the toughest examples of a human's need for affirmation from random strangers. With each application or drop of a resume, I say to myself, "You are the perfect person for this job." In my mind I am. In our minds we are.
More and more, with every new position we apply for and every friend I talk to in the same position, having a personal connection with someone close by can really make a difference. It makes sense that applying for a job is a lot like real life, right?
But how special is it when you hit it off with a wonderful new person who has no connections to your friends or your world? That's what I'm looking for with every email.
Another interesting thing I've noticed is this desire to have a job even though I'd love to wait until November or December to start back. We return at the end of August and are looking forward to the time to readjust our lives to the pace of America and different priorities. Angela and I have a serious concern about messing up the progress we've made this year with a "fools rush in" approach.
I really want a job, though.
Keep us in your prayers. We have a lot on our minds as we get ready for our return. This is another. Pray that we will continue to try and remember that my joy and satisfaction comes from God and my amazing, beautiful, charismatic, darling, empathetic, fun, graceful, hot, interdependent, Justin-loving wife.
Any suggestions or prayers you want to share are welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment