Justin has been away studying Spanish in Antigua, Guatemala for the last 2 weeks, 5 days, 0 hours, and roughly 15 minutes. He will be away studying Spanish in Antigua, Guatemala for the next 1 week, 5 days, 18 hours, and roughly 30 minutes. You're probably thinking, "That's crazy! Justin's getting married in a month. What was he thinking?" The even more crazy thing is that I encouraged this excursion.
Justin is hoping to start a career in more public interest types of law; working for the government, or a non-profit organization, or with people who desperately need but can't afford legal services. In Texas, the reality is that most of these people speak Spanish and very little of anything else. We started thinking about ways to beef up his Spanish skills and we didn't think getting a temp job at La Fiesta would do the trick. We quickly settled on immersion Spanish-language school as his best bet. It just made sense for him to go in August; the bar was finished, graduation was past, and no pesky job out there dictating the schedule. It made sense 6 months ago, that is, long before I was tossed in the final throws of wedding preparation madness. There are just so many details! And I hadn't realized how much I've grown to depend on Justin to help work out those details until he was no longer available whenever I needed him.
Justin is having an adventure, though. And it's an adventure I can't begrudge him having had so many adventures of my own. With the help of modern communication we've been able to stay in touch enough to maintain my sanity. We even watched an Antiguan parade together on Saturday through the marvel that is Skype. I only wish I could walk with him down those cobblestone streets, instead of hearing about it all from afar. We have a lifetime of adventures ahead of us, hopefully all of them together.
Well, here I am, posting a comment. I think a comment needs to be made, so the message can be sent that "we are not alone" and subsequent comments will fill more comfortable in joining the lone comment.
ReplyDeleteAngela, Angela, it's been since Kristina's bachlorette party. Reading all your happenings made me smile. I am so happy you found the one God had prepared for you. You deserve a world of happiness!
Love,
Lana
How did I miss this tidbit of fact?? I love Antigua! I was just there last year!
ReplyDelete