Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cinderella

I lost my earring today; a dangly purple flip flop made of blown glass; the first gift Justin ever gave me. He brought it back to Dallas after two weeks with Baylor Law in Mexico. My heart broke when I realized it had fallen out of my ear at the elementary staff retreat. When you think about it though, it's kind of neat to realize that something that started its life in Mexico will now permanently reside at a retreat center in the mountains of Thailand.

Hopefully I'll leave more of myself here than a glass slipper.

I've been reflecting lately on my impact here. It's hard to make much of an impression in only one year. But what does God have slated for me? And perhaps it's not so much about me but about what he has slated for the students I get to intersect with. There is so much potential for greatness here. What is the trajectory of these students and how does God intend for me to affect it? Pray for me and my ability to discern. It's going to take more humility than I've had of late.

I have realized how much I dislike fixing messed up Rs. I hope affecting students for the Kingdom doesn't involve lots of R therapy. Then I would definitely need your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. i thought this was beautiful. thank you for your insightful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete