Just like eating a good pizza, nothing takes me back to Texas like watching the Cowboys play.
Yesterday Angela and I watched Team USA fight valiantly against a better Irish team in the Rugby World Cup. Thankfully my friend Josh taught me a few things and peaked my interest in rugby several years ago. Otherwise I'd be like all of these other Yanks asking "Why did he do that?" We had a lot of fun. But I still love some American football.
Thanks to my parents, I can now catch some college football on ESPN3.com. That's how I was able see the spectacular last quarter of the Michigan-Notre Dame game.
Now if we could only get the timing a little better so I don't have to be late for church watching college football or late to work watching NFL's Sunday night games.
In a way this is a continuation of Angela's much more poetic post about new adjustments. One of those new adjustments will be watching more international sports. Rugby is loved by most of the English speaking world. I have really enjoyed getting to know people from South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, and England while watching a rugby match. After all, it's great to watch a good game alone, but sports are supposed to be social. That's what makes being a fan so great. Without friends, you're just a fanatic.
Next up: I get to learn about one of the most important and smallest trophies in the world. The sport: cricket.
No comments:
Post a Comment