Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yesterday I made cranberry sauce and chocolate chip cookies.  I got to thinking about what I'd be doing differently if I were at home.  Since I've only been sharing Thanksgivings with Justin for a few years now, I still think of holidays my folks' way, back in Wichita Falls.  I think back to a time when Thanksgiving meant 3 days off for cooking and Christmas decorations.  I think of the first Thanksgiving Justin came home with me, or the last Thanksgiving Kristina was home, before she moved to Australia.  I think of the first year I cooked my own turkey, or last year when we cooked fancy dishes instead of the traditional fare.  They all sort mush together into one big happy and delicious notion.

While I was running this morning, a howling dog reminded me of the sound of coyotes howling at dusk in North Central Texas, and I wondered how Thanksgiving would be this year, so far from home.  Here I am in Thailand, a million miles away, yet still so grateful.  I hope you are grateful, too.  Wherever you are, no matter your situation, I pray for some undeserved gift for which you can be truly grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angela,
    I was cleaning up bookmarks on my computer and found a bookmark for your Thailand blog and was happy to find that you are still using it. It was fun looking at the photos of you and Justin. You've had your first Thanksgiving away and soon it will be your first Christmas. Wishing you well. Miss you still. Karen

    ReplyDelete