| I've missed the Pacific, Santa Monica Mountains, and red plants like this. |
For many of you who remember all the way back 7 weeks, you may be wondering, "Didn't you just start another job, Justin?" Good memory. I began work with a great company called International Studies Abroad, and my time there has been great. During my time with this organization, I came to respect my coworkers immensely, and I'd like to think that I earned their respect. That's why it was so difficult to give my notice.
When the boss asked, "Why don't you like working here, Justin?" I responded with the truth:
I enjoyed the work -- it was challenging and my colleagues are great. But it didn't speak to my heart. This new role at Pepperdine is where I feel called to be.
So, the two-month trial period that we agreed to will come to an end on the 21st of June. A new adventure begins on the 24th.
I fly out to LAX on the morning of the 24th for two weeks. During this time, Angela will stay in the Austin area to finish her time at her job. Then we have a week to get all of our stuff together before we drive out to Pepperdine together. Neither one of us is looking forward to this gap in togetherness, but it makes the start of this new chapter more interesting. We can't wait to make it more interesting.
If you have any questions about this next step, please feel free to email us or send us a Facebook message. If you're in California already, we'll see you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment