I received my final Christmas present on Friday. I bought a Nintendo Wii for me from Angela.
Since neither one of us is competitive at all, we thought this would be a good way to further work on our skills of cooperation. So far, Angela is winning, because she has cooperated in letting me win a bunch of games.
Deciding on the Wii was actually a very difficult decision. At first I really wanted a bike. But then I realized that I would either get a nice Huffy or something from a garage sale. In addition, there are always too many accessories to buy. I would have to procure a helmet--gotta keep that brain matter in my head; then I would have to get a chain and lock, a water bottle, either a basket or a little thing over the back tire, an odometer/speedometer, and, finally, a bell or horn. In the end, it just wouldn't be worth it.
So, we have a Wii. Thank goodness that aren't many accessories with this one: only another remote, another nunchuck, a rechargeable battery station, additional games, and matching tattoos. The best part is that helmets are not required by Angela . . . yet--we still haven't played each other in tennis.
The best part, especially if you are a girl, is creating the characters. While Angela was in the kitchen creating a magnificent Valentine's Day dinner, I was hard at work creating a character called "Justin" and one called "Angeia". Since then, Angela, the inspiration for Angeia, has created another character: Our son. She named him after one of the great ideas we had for our own son, she made him smaller so as to look like our child, and she is now teaching him how to read and play sports. She's probably reading this right now thinking, "I love him, but I still feel like I should kill him."
At this point, I could transition into all of the discussions we've had about our future family, but, sorry, I'm not going to. Instead you should come by her house one day or evening to see all of our kids and maybe play a little Wii while you're at it. Don't wait too long, though, because Angela won't be as cooperative. With the Wii at her house for now, you can bet she, and the whole family, will be whoopin' up on whomever comes to play.
"Since neither one of us is competitive at all..."?????
ReplyDeleteTo quote another follower, "In what lifetime?" :)
Also, when do we get to meet our new grandson?
Since right now he only exists in the digital world, you'll have to come by the house and challenge him to a game of Wii tennis.
ReplyDeleteAnd just for my curiousity, which follower said that?
"our new grandson" should give you a clue.
ReplyDeletewhat? I have a great nephew..oh boy...another one to spoil...oh wait he is only in the digital world..hmmmm and Justin isn't competitive...oh yeah right!
ReplyDelete