Upon reflection, I realize that quite a bit has been accomplished in the last six weeks, despite the fact that I feel like I've still got a million things to do. My amazingly talented graphic designer sister is finishing up our invitations and they should be printed very soon. I've settled on colors; one of my monumental tasks finally complete. Now if I can only find eggplant-colored bridesmaid dresses... My own dress is safely tucked away in my closet, awaiting the purchase of shoes and subsequently, some minor alterations. The pilgrimage to Arkansas was a great success.
I created another spreadsheet this week. This one is to track vendors and payments. Nothing stresses me out more than having my information spread out in a hundred different places. Particularly when that information is in regards to how much money I owe and when that money has to be paid. Spreadsheets are such beautiful calm. The downside is that my efficient organization destroys my ability to remain blissfully ignorant about how much money I've actually spent. It's mostly the money that I've contractually obligated myself to spend that caused a moment of pause and a sharp intake of breath when it was added up for the first time yesterday. Never mind the fact that a friend of mine recently bought a very nice new-to-him used car for less than the amount I've already pledged.
All in the name of progress, right?
yes but his car will last only a short time and your memories and marriage will last a lifetime!
ReplyDeleteThat's right! Also, I was confused when you said "[your] efficient organization". Is that hyperbole?
ReplyDelete