Thursday, June 11, 2009

School's out for the Summer

And they all breathed a huge sigh of relief.

On June 4, the 2008-2009 school year officially came to a close. And so begins my two weeks of extended contract work. The pace is slower, the pressure is less, and the extra money is always nice. The only downside is the mandatory 4-day work week complete with 11 hour days (we are required to take an hour for lunch). Clocking in for work at 7am makes for an early morning. The 2008-2009 school year was a big one for me, and I can't help but think as I finish it up that things will never be the same again. Life has taken on a whole new course, with a whole new set of variables. A lot can change in a year.

I moved offices this week; yet another sign of the transition my life is undertaking. Moving seems to be a familiar theme of late. Justin has begun seriously applying for jobs and so we have begun to seriously talk about what our future might look like, and where God might lead us. The possibilities seem endless, but I'm not worried. A wise friend once told me that I should look for in a partner a man who would take me by the hand and lead me on an adventure. I see that in Justin. And I can't wait for the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment