Thursday, January 15, 2009

1 down, 7 million to go

Photographer? Check. One major task accomplished. So far it's the only one I've been able to check off my Ultimate Wedding Planning Guide checklist beyond picking a date. No, I take that back, we also have an officiant. Double check. Still searching for the venue, though. I've been through several concepts on this one; wedding at the park, wedding in a garden, wedding as a weekend retreat, ... I feel a bit like Sam I Am; I would marry in a boat, I would marry with a goat, I would marry in the rain, in the dark, and on a train. All except for the rain part. I would prefer NOT to have rain at my wedding. And the goat too, I guess. Rain and the goat will not be receiving invitations. You have to draw the line somewhere.

I declared to Justin that the wedding venue decision will be made by January 24. There's a place in Round Rock that we already reserved as a back-up. It's owned by the city Parks and Rec, so it's more affordable than the privately-owned places I've been finding around Dallas. Logistically speaking, I would much rather plan a wedding in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, since I live here. Practically speaking however, I'm going to go with what we can afford; and be happy with it. I decided that if I don't find a nice, affordable, and most importantly available venue by January 24, then we are getting married in Round Rock. And I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment