Follow the journey of Angela and Justin as they figure out the next step after a wonderful year in Thailand.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Phantom fingers and Fed-Ex
Do you ever get that feeling like something is supposed to be there when it isn't? Like when amputees complain about aching limbs they no longer possess? I often get this phantom feeling at the beginning of flip flop season every year. That tingly feeling that creeps up between my toes at the end of the day drives me crazy. It sends a shiver up my spine even now, in the dead of winter, just thinking about it. I've heard girlfriends complain of "phantom thong," as well. But we won't get into that. This is a family show, after all. I experienced a new one when I gave up my engagement ring to be re-sized; phantom ring finger. I thought I wouldn't miss the ring since I hadn't had it that long. I wasn't really used to it yet. And I didn't particularly miss it while my phantom ring was there. A couple of days ago though, I noticed that the tingly feeling of a phantom ring had disappeared from my finger and I suddenly got a little sad and found myself wishing that my beautiful ring would be returned to me much sooner rather than later. I hope Fed-Ex knows what precious cargo they are carrying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment