This weekend was dedicated to venue hunting. I've been burning up my inbox for the last week and an half sending seemingly endless inquires. By the time Friday rolled around I had reduced the 60+ possibilities down to 4 places I really wanted to see. Thanks in part to my trusty wedding spreadsheet. It's quite extensive.
Our first stop was the Dallas Woman's Forum; a name I always seem to mispronounce; don't ask me how. It sounds right in my head, but it must not come out that way because Justin always corrects me. It's like those people who say "warsh" instead of "wash," or the way I always say "antanna" instead of "antenna." The Woman's Forum owns the Alexander mansion on Ross just north of Downtown. It's kind of a shady neighborhood, but the house was lovely. We also toured a community center in northwest Garland. Much nicer neighborhood.
Sunday we drove the 45 minutes over to Fort Worth to check out at a couple of historic homes that looked promising. At the second house we found what we were looking for. I had said from the beginning that I wanted to get married in a place that was historic, or architecturally interesting, or naturally beautiful; mostly because I didn't want to do extensive decorating, or make all the decisions that go along with extensive decorating. Thistle Hill has all three: history, architecture, and beauty. Now we just have to wait and see if our date is still available. Say a prayer and cross your fingers; the suspense is killing me.
it looks like a great option!!
ReplyDelete