I don't know if you know this, but Angela is a phenomenal football player. She catches and throws like a dude, which is to say she is a fantastic asset to have on a team--just ask Teresa and Matt. Recently, though, trouble resulted directly related to her football acumen.
"Hello, Drama. How are you?"
About two weeks ago I asked Angela who she was goin' fer in the AFC and NFC Championship games. Almost without hesitation--I had to tell her who was playing--she said the Steelers and the Eagles. My face fell. Off. Not really. But I was disappointed to say the least.
Being a Cowboys fan, we have discussed her decision to not make them her #1 team. They have broken her precious heart too many times over the years. That's justified, right? But to go to the extreme and pick the Steelers and Eagles--arguably the two most-hated franchises by Cowboys fans--was almost too much for me.
History Lesson: After this past season, the Steelers tied the overall series 15-15, but they still hold the big record against the Cowboys, two Super Bowl wins to one for the Cowboys. Granted, these games were before our time, but she should know.
As for the Eagles, click this link for some interesting tales. All you really need to know right now, however, is that in the final game of the season, the Eagles beat the Cowboys and took the final playoff spot for them.
And those were Angela's picks. She didn't want to choose the fresh kid out of Delaware who showed the world that "rookie" doesn't always mean something bad. She didn't choose the old QB who was working harder than ever, while the pretty boy sat the bench, as he had the opportunity to do the unthinkable: Lead the Cardinals to the NFL Super Bowl.
Luckily for our relationship, we split our picks: Steelers won; Eagles lost.
We don't have that luxury this time. She has stuck with her Steelers pick. She doesn't want any part of history or of emotional favorites. She just wants "the usual". Come Sunday, there will be a winner.
I have a strange feeling, either way, it won't be me.
I refuse to succumb to peer pressure. I like Big Ben, what can I say?
ReplyDeleteI like him, too. If it was the Steelers against probably any NFC team other than the Cowboys, Saints, Cardinals, and maybe the Vikings, I would be cheering for them, too. But think about the history.
ReplyDelete