Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dresses Galore

The question I get most frequently when asked about my wedding plans is: "So, have you found your dress?" Hopefully after this weekend I will be able to answer definitively, "Yes!"

My good friend Jamie graciously offered to accompany me on a pilgrimage to Low's Bridal and Formal in Brinkley, Arkansas. With over 25,000 square feet of display space, surely I'll find at least one dress that fits the bill. Although Justin has already de-pep-talked me by making me promise not to feel pressured to purchase unless the dress is perfect.

My mom also graciously offered to let me have her wedding dress to do with what I wish. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, and I don't think I could bring myself to cut it up and redesign it, but I had a lot of fun going through my mom's closet and trying things on.



I love that it fits almost perfectly!

I also tried on a Mexican wedding dress that my mom bought shortly after my parents were married. Not bad, huh?



1 comment:

  1. You look precious in those dresses! My mom's wedding dress looks very similar, just more lace all over the place. I felt bad not using hers, but it just wasn't worth the trouble. I am so excited that I found your blog! Thanks for the updates and black definitely sounds like an easier color. God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete