Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Moving Day


My life is officially in transition. With Teresa's move to Oklahoma and the end of my lease, it didn't make much sense to rent a new place on my own for only a few months. So I'm moving in with a friend until the big day. Almost completely done with the move as I type, actually. The moving process began with a garage sale. A sale to end all sales; a sale in which most of my earthly possessions walked away for next to nothing. Since the sale was more about getting rid of things than making money, I didn't really mind. The garage sale afforded two major benefits: the reduction of my stuff meant I spent far less time packing and storing it all away, and I got a lot of practice using my Spanish language skills with our mostly hispanic clientele.

In the end the sale was a great success. We made enough money to make it worthwhile and at the end of the day we were left with only a table-full of unwanted items to take to Goodwill. Justin and my dad also had fun digging through some of my old junk.



These are a couple of my shirts from high school marching band. That's right; I was a band nerd. Notice Justin got to be the president.

4 comments:

  1. You're a band nerd. What is it you play(ed)? And do you still rock every once in a while? AND I feel like I should have already known that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played the alto saxophone, and also had a brief stint with the mellophone, which is a marching french horn. The mellophone was part of my plot to jockey for a better position on the field during the half-time show senior year. The saxophones were always stuck in the back.
    Sadly, no, I don't still rock out once in a while. I sold my saxophone to help finance my trip to HUG. Worth it in the end, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess. How are you going to start a jazz band now? The sax sounds familiar. I'm sure I have asked before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be tricky, but where there's a will there's a way...

    ReplyDelete