Teresa's wedding was beautiful. It was a beautiful day filled with joy and laughter and relative calm. If you know my sister, you know that relative calm was quite a feat.
It's no secret that Teresa is a bit of a worrier. Right around the three week mark, I noticed that she had just about maxed out her stress meter. Since I been admittedly too distracted with my own wedding details up to that point to give proper attention to hers, I decided now was the time to employ the full force of my Teresa de-stressing abilities. We sat down one evening with her list of outstanding wedding tasks and a calendar and made a plan. Once every item had a slot and a deadline, she was much calmer. If only I can plan my own life the way I plan hers, then we'll be really rockin'.
The week leading up to the wedding there were a lot of tasks on the calendar, as you can imagine. Luckily I was on Spring Break, and free to spend my time shopping for honeymoon dresses and organizing menus and getting pedicures. In the end, everything went off without a hitch. I don't remember one panicky moment on the actual day, due largely in part to Justin and his willingness to take on each and every task that was thrown his way. Every time you turned around, Justin was filling another role: he was escorting the grandmother of the groom, he was holding back tree branches so the photographer could take pictures, he was announcing Teresa and Matt into the reception, he was making the rounds with a video camera taping messages to the newlyweds. He easily won over every woman in my family. I am a lucky girl; this much I know.
Here are a few pictures of the happy day:
I did have one minor frustration as a result of the festivities. Matt's truck, which received a thorough covering of wedding themed shaving cream and shoe polish, was parked in front of my house while Matt and Teresa were away on the honeymoon. His mom, concerned for the paint job, made me promise to have it washed before the shaving cream had a chance to set in. Unfortunately, Matt failed to leave his keys, so I had to wash it by hand in the driveway. A promise is a promise. Justin and I have decided to rent a car for our getaway. Or perhaps we'll just drive our wedding-themed car up to Oklahoma for the week so Matt can return the favor.




What beautiful bridesmaids dresses! And you're right, sounds like Justin's a keeper :) I remember at our wedding, Gary's groomsmen decided it would be a great idea to use that car chalk... only meant for GLASS... that they used on hubcaps and an array of other car parts (that needless to say had to be replaced after the wedding). I was fuming... still a little irritated :) but trying to let it go :)
ReplyDeletelooks like the wedding went great! everyone looked beautiful and handsome. Yeah you need to keep Justin...maybe you can keep him out of mischief too...
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're still a little upset about that one Laura. Justin really wants to rent a car in order to avoid any kind of incidents like that. Apparently he's expecting a lot of mischief.
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures of your family!! Everyone looks wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteif you rent a car just be sure and purchase the waiver (their insurance) so you don't get charged for any damage.
ReplyDeleteI love that Justin's eyes are practically closed in the group family shot. My man also has a hard time keeping his eyes open during photo ops. Everyone else in the picture will look great, and there's Jason, asleep! (Does this pic portend future photo fun for you?? :) )
ReplyDeleteTeresa's dress is lovely and your family looks great! Congratulations to her! ...And how do you find the time to keep up with your blog? :) I'm enjoying reading it, so keep it coming!